Software Cut-off date: five January 2018.
Programs for the African Women’s Development Fund 2018 are actually being authorised
The African Ladies’s Construction Fund used to be established in 2000, as an Africa-wide
philanthropic, grant making initiative to reinforce the realisation and fulfilment of African
females’s rights thru investment of self sustaining females’s organisations at the continent.
AWDF works in opposition to the advent of wholesome, simply and inclusive societies framed by way of
equality, peace and appreciate for ladies’s rights. Since its founding, AWDF has awarded
greater than US$34 million in grants.
AWDF is certainly one of 4 Ladies’s Budget from the International South managing the Main from
the South Fund- a investment initiative created to useful resource females’s rights activism within the
international South over four years, initiated by way of the Dutch Ministry of Overseas Affairs. It helps
activism devised, carried out, and led by way of females’s rights organisations within the international
South. The LFS fund is being carried out by way of 4 females’s budget: 3 are Regional for African Women’s Development Fund 2018.
Budget: African Ladies’s Construction Fund (Africa and the Heart East Area),Fondo Mujeres del Sur (Latin The usa and the Caribbean)and South Asia Ladies Fund (Asia);and one international fund AYNI – the Indigenous Ladies’s Fund.
AWDF accepts programs from females’s rights organisations registered and dealing in DAC recipient nations in Africa and the Heart East (see nation checklist in phase II).
• AWDF budget women-led, females’s organisations as a concern. Organisations should have:
• a monitor document of labor on females’s rights,
• a girl as organisational director/lead
• a majority (no less than 70%) of ladies workforce
• no less than 70% females concerned within the governing board/frame
• a said dedication to ladies’s rights/gender equality within the organisational project/imaginative and prescient/values
• A minimum of 70% of programmatic sources should be devoted to direct programming on females’s rights;
- the challenge carried out for will probably be controlled by way of a girl
Actions to be thought to be for investment come with:
• Campaigns to advance particular females’s rights agendas, regulation and coverage trade
• Coaching to construct core advocacy/social trade talents
• Media and communications campaigns
• Motion-research and information manufacturing with an advocacy center of attention
• Alliance and movement-building
• Strategic litigation
• Attractive the regional/world human rights gadget and world treaty our bodies
• Interventions to modify public attitudes on key coverage problems
African Women’s Development Fund 2018
GEOGRAPHICAL COVERAGE & LANGUAGE:
Programs are authorised for ladies’s teams registered within the following nations in
Africa and the Heart East:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde,
Central Africa, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo,
Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea,
Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali,
Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao
Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland,
Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, and Yemen for applying African Women’s Development Fund 2018