Closing date: December 10, 2017
Hivos invitations co-working and inventive hubs to use for the Hivos’ collaboration grants. The grants are awarded to co-working, inventive hubs, hackers, makers & artwork areas within the MENA area who need to create joint initiatives or have the benefit of each and every different’s experience and/or enjoy.
In October 2017, Hivos arranged the 3rd version of its Coworking Summit, an annual collecting for founders and bosses of inventive hubs, coworking, hacker, maker, and artwork areas. This 12 months marked a different version, as Hivos made up our minds to enroll in forces with Afrilabs, bringing in combination greater than 40 hubs from far and wide Africa.
The development equipped a platform for members to community, proportion tales and stories, be informed from their friends, get impressed and spice up new collaborations. With the intention to facilitate those processes additional, they invite coworking and inventive hubs to use for the Hivos’ collaboration grants.
Hivos will give you the following two form of grants:
- Wisdom trade grants: This sort of grant will probably be awarded to applicants who need to have the benefit of each and every different’s experience and/or enjoy. Grants inside of this class have a worth of one.000 – five.000 EUR.
- Collaborative initiatives grants: This sort of grant will probably be awarded to applicants who need to adopt a joint undertaking. Grants inside of this class have a worth of 10.000 – 20.000 EUR.
The full quantity of grants awarded for the data trade and the collaborative initiatives is 60.000 euros.
- Making use of areas will have to be primarily based in a number of of the next international locations*: Algeria, Egypt, Kenya, Libya, Malawi, Morocco, Tanzania, Tunisia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Uganda.
- Wisdom trade grants. Areas making use of for this sort of grant can both post a unmarried utility (house A visits house B) or a gaggle utility (house A visits house B and house B visits house A). In terms of a unmarried utility, a letter of settlement of the host house is needed. Areas will have to additionally come with a price of their finances proposal for the products and services/time anticipated from the host group.
- Collaborative undertaking grants. Areas making use of for this sort of grant are anticipated to begin collaboration and shape a partnership previous to making use of for the grant. Areas will have to collectively get ready an offer and finances, which will have to be agreed upon and signed via all areas concerned. Areas then appoint one lead house that can post the grant utility on behalf of the gang to Hivos. The lead member will obtain the grant quantity and is liable for its distribution to different consortium participants in line with the agreed finances this is submitted.
- An area can ship a most of three representatives to the opposite house. Representatives will have to fall into one of the crucial following classes:
- House founder
- House supervisor
- House team of workers member
Programs are assessed in response to the next standards:
- Relevance of the undertaking to the native context;
- Interdisciplinary of the collaboration (e.g. an bizarre alliance between an artwork house and ICT hub and so forth.);
- Desire is given to those that search collaboration between Northern African international locations and Sub-Saharan African international locations;
- Desire is given to candidates from areas out of doors capital towns;
- Desire is given to feminine candidates and the ones belonging to minority teams;
- Desire is given to applicants who’ve no longer gained a Hivos’ collaboration grant sooner than.
Programs are accredited in Arabic, French, and English. The grant proposals will have to be not than three pages with the next sections:
- Collaboration main points:
- Selection of member areas
- Names and international locations of areas and felony entity of each and every house
- Quick description of the paintings and the project of all areas
- Names, positions and get in touch with main points (telephone quantity & electronic mail deal with) of each and every consultant nominated to commute
- State for which form of grant you’re making use of (wisdom trade grant or collaborative undertaking grant) and supply a short lived define of what you can care to do with the grant. You ought to be as concrete as imaginable.
- Transient define of proposed actions, together with a easy time table, time period or step by step listing.
- Price range proposal, together with the asked quantity (In EUR).
- Signatures of the founders of all consortium member areas in case of a collaborative undertaking grant
Candidates will have to make certain that their grant proposals are in phrase or pdf layout and that they’re despatched via e-mail to: [email protected].
For more info, talk over with Hivos Collaboration Grants.