Utility Time limit: 27 April 2018
Atelier is one among Africa’s maximum prestigious artwork competitions. It rewards younger visible artists elderly 21 to 35 with the chance to increase their abilities in a foreign country. A glance in the course of the checklist of earlier winners will testify to this.
Development at the platform created during the last two years, the contest is constant to amplify throughout Africa, opening in quite a few nations, the place Barclays Africa has a presence. Artists who’re everlasting citizens of and living in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Namibia, Mozambique, Mauritius or Seychelles are invited to go into.
The L’Atelier artwork festival is administered at the side of our spouse, the South African Nationwide Affiliation for the Visible Arts (SANAVA)
- The contest is open to all artists who don’t seem to be more youthful than 21 and now not older than 35 on 27 April 2018. Relating to artwork scholars, most effective scholars of their ultimate 12 months of research who meet the age necessities might take part.
- All prize winners are required to take in the prize (residency) as in step with the date discussed within the access main points.
- Simplest artists who’re electorate or had been granted everlasting residency of South Africa, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Botswana, Uganda, Mozambique, Mauritius, Seychelles, Tanzania, Nigeria or Namibia might input the contest. The prize airfare to Absa Gallery or to a residency award will most effective be from taking part nations.
- Preliminary adjudication is completed on digital submission the place you could add as much as seven (7) pictures of your art work.
- The ones artists whose entries make it in via to the following spherical can be touch without delay to organize for the selection of their art work.
- It is very important when registering on-line and importing your art work that each one fields are finished. Failure to not entire all fields will outcome for your access been disqualified.
- There are 5 prizes for 2018 festival; the primary prize, 3 benefit award prizes and Gerard Sekoto Award for essentially the most promising artist.
- The highest 10 finalists will all be put on a two-day artwork professionalism path to help them in managing their careers.
6 months in Paris
R330 000 and a go back price ticket to Paris
The prize cash will have to be used for a find out about time period of between 3 and 6 months within the studio condominium on the Cité Internationale des Arts, bought particularly for this objective. The prize cash can be made to be had when the winner leaves for Paris. The date of the residency is January to June 2019.
three Months in johannesburg
Bag Manufacturing unit Artists Studio
One benefit award winner will win a prize consisting of a three-month residency in Johannesburg, on the Bag Manufacturing unit Artists’ Studio, a go back flight to Johannesburg and a per 30 days stipend. The date of the residency is June to August 2019.
2 Months in SYLT
The Sylt Basis Residency
This prize features a go back flight to Germany and a per 30 days stipend. The date of the residency is September to October 2019.
1 Month in The big apple
The Ampersand Basis Residency
The prize features a one month residency on the Ampersand Basis in New York. You’ll be a Fellow of the Ampersand Basis and feature get right of entry to to the American Affiliation of Museums (AAM) card that permits unfastened get right of entry to to maximum museums in New York Town. The prize comprises go back flights to New York Town and a per 30 days stipend. The date of the residency is January 2019.
three Months in Paris
The Alliance Française, the Institut Français Afrique du Sud and the French Embassy are sponsoring the Gerard Sekoto Award for a South African artist who has demonstrated persistent growth within the high quality in their access year-on-year within the L’Atelier festival.
This prize is composed of a go back flight price ticket to Paris, 3 months’ keep within the Cité Internationale des Arts, national traveling exhibitions Institut Français Afrique du Sud language courses. The Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris residencies are made to be had through SANAVA. The date of the residency is Might to July 2019.
For Extra Knowledge:
Seek advice from the Reliable Webpage of the Barclays Africa 2018 L’Atelier artwork festival