Utility Closing date: March 12, 2018.
The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Newshounds is now accepting packages from skilled reporters for its 2018 fellowship program.
4 reporters are decided on every yr after a evaluate of all packages. The reporters who’re awarded fellowships are given the incomparable alternative to look at world diplomatic deliberations on the United International locations, to make skilled contacts that may serve them for future years, to engage with seasoned reporters from around the globe, and to achieve a broader viewpoint and figuring out of issues of world fear. Many previous fellows have risen to prominence of their skilled and international locations. This system isn’t meant to offer fundamental abilities coaching to reporters; all members are media execs.
- The fellowships are to be had to radio, tv, print and internet reporters, age 25 to 35, from basically creating international locations who’re curious about coming to New York to document on world affairs right through the 73rd consultation of the United International locations Basic Meeting.
- The fellowships will start in early September and prolong to past due November and can come with the price of shuttle and lodging in New York, in addition to a according to diem allowance.
- The fellowship program is open to reporters who’re local to the basically creating international locations in Africa, Asia (together with Pacific Island countries), and Latin The united states/the Caribbean and are lately running for media organizations.
- Candidates should reveal an hobby in and dedication to world affairs and to conveying a greater figuring out of the United International locations to their readers and audiences.
- They should even have approval from their media organizations to spend as much as 3 months in New York to document from the United International locations.
The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Newshounds fellowships are open to people who:
• Are local to one of the vital basically creating international locations of Africa, Asia (together with Pacific Island countries), Latin The united states and the Caribbean. For 2018 handiest, the Fund is not going to settle for packages from the international locations of the 2017 fellows – Afghanistan, Nigeria, Sudan and Zimbabwe – so that you can rotate recipient international locations.
• These days reside in and write for media in a creating nation.
• Are between the ages of 25 and 35.
• Have an excellent command of the English language since United International locations press meetings and plenty of paperwork are in English handiest.
• Are lately hired as skilled reporters for print, tv, radio or web media organizations. Each full-time and freelance reporters are invited to use.
• Have approval from their media organizations to spend as much as 3 months in New York reporting from the United International locations.
• Obtain a dedication from their media organizations that the experiences they report right through the time period of the Fellowship shall be used and that they are going to proceed to be paid for his or her services and products.
- The Fund will supply: round-trip airfare to New York; lodging; medical health insurance throughout the fellowship, and a day by day allowance to hide meals and different prerequisites.
- The Fund might not be liable for different bills of a private nature, akin to phone calls.
Please come with the entire following paperwork together with your signed software. Packages WITHOUT the next paperwork will NOT be regarded as.
1. Copies of consultant picks of your paintings, akin to newspaper clippings, audio tapes, video tapes or web submissions. The decisions should be paintings produced in 2017 or 2018 — no longer previous. Entries with perception and originality shall be regarded as maximum favorably. Investigative paintings is welcome.
For newspaper clippings no longer in English, come with an English translation or abstract.
If the experiences you want to publish together with your software are posted at the Web, please give you the url addresses.
• For audio tape and video tape submissions, come with a written transcription or a abstract in English, although the originals are in English.
• Video submissions must be in DVD or CD (ideally NTSC) layout. Radio candidates must ship a CD with MP3 formatted information.
2. Signed letters from two people who supervised you and will remark in your journalism revel in and .
three. Endorsement of the Fellowship software from the editor or director of the scoop group that right now employs you. This endorsement should be in the beginning signed and must:
• Grant you a go away of absence out of your present tasks should you are awarded a fellowship.
• Consents to proceed paying you in your services and products right through the time period of the Fellowship and consents to make use of the experiences you report from the U.N.
• States plans for the use of the experiences you report right through the fellowship.
four. Abstract remark. On a separate sheet of paper, provide an explanation for in no longer not up to 300 phrases why you might be making use of for this Fellowship and what you are expecting to achieve from the revel in.
five. Two contemporary images (passport measurement or better). Position those pictures in a separate protected envelope and affix them to the entrance of your software. Don’t staple the pictures without delay to the applying shape.
6. A replica of your passport. Packages and not using a passport will NOT be regarded as.
NOTE: Candidates and/or their employers are required to offer apparatus vital for the candidates to successfully and successfully document from the United International locations. Such apparatus must come with a computer or laptop personal computer, virtual digital camera (if suitable), audio/visible recording and kit wanted for transmission, particularly for TV. Decided on reporters should be ready technically to report their information tales over WIFI, whether or not broadcast or print, and arrive with a pc enabled for WIFI.
You MUST INCLUDE ALL vital documentation as defined within the Eligibility and Documentation Necessities together with your software.
CLICK HERE for the applying in Phrase layout
CLICK HERE for the applying in PDF layout (calls for Adobe Reader, loose obtain)
An in the beginning finished AND signed software, at the side of all six (6) of the Documentation Necessities, must be despatched by way of postal or courier provider (akin to DHL, FedEx, Airborne) to:
Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Newshounds
512 Northampton Side road, No. 124A
Edwardsville, PA 18704 USA
Questions may also be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Extra Data:
Seek advice from the Professional Webpage of the Dag Hammarskjöld Journalism Fellowships 2018