Software Closing date: Would possibly 31st 2018
The IJNet Arabic Mentoring Heart provides virtual media marketers the talents and assets they want to take their startups to the following stage in one of the most international’s maximum difficult areas for reporters.
Marketers within the Heart East and North Africa take part in a year-long program that incorporates digital and in-person coaching and culminates in a boot camp and convention in Jordan. IJNet awards as much as US$four,000 in seed investment to the individuals with probably the most promising initiatives.
IJNet and a gaggle of mavens who function the challenge’s mentors make a selection 16 semi-finalists from the pool of candidates to take part in a month-long on-line coaching seminar that may assist them additional hone their proposed motion plans.
As soon as the seminar is entire, the mentors make a choice the 8 media startups with the most productive possible for good fortune. The leaders of those 8 startups attend a coaching boot camp the place they meet their mentors, further running shoes and visitor audio system in Amman. Following the boot camp, mentees attend that 12 months’s Discussion board for Arab Investigative Journalism, arranged through the Arab Journalists for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ).
Along with the boot camp and convention, the 8 mentees obtain 12 months of in depth, customized mentoring and networking conferences to handle key spaces and make sure the expansion, sustainability and building in their startups. Mentors consult with the mentees at their workplaces of their house international locations.
Mentees make investments about 5 hours a week within the mentoring challenge, and likewise decide to:
- Collaborating in a minimum of 3 on-line conferences with all the program’s mentors and mentees to speak about not unusual demanding situations and imaginable answers
- Collaborating within the coaching bootcamp
- Assembly the mentor in consumer within the mentee’s house nation
- Generating a minimum of 4 weblog posts for IJNet Arabic concerning the mentoring enjoy, sharing courses discovered, new abilities and helpful gear with the broader IJNet neighborhood of greater than 25,000 reporters who consult with IJNet from the area
- People and organizations with startup media initiatives within the Heart East and North Africa are eligible to use to the Mentoring Heart. Candidates based totally out of doors the area who’re at first from MENA may additionally follow.
- Candidates will have to already be running on their current media startup (together with virtual or cellular) that objectives Arabic-speaking audiences in Heart East and North Africa. Ladies are strongly inspired to use. To use, click on right here to view the appliance shape.
pplications will have to come with:
- An summary of actual targets the mentoring challenge will assist to reach
- An evidence of the experience, gear and abilities had to notice the said targets
- Hyperlinks to the startup’s web site and social media accounts
- An summary of the plan they’re following to maintain and develop their startup in bullet level shape
Would possibly 31, 2018: Software cut-off date
June nine, 2018: 16 semi-finalists decided on
June 10-14, 2018: Semi-finalists take part in digital pitching consultation
June 30, 2018: 8 finalists decided on
July – August 2018: Mentees entire in-person visits with mentors
Nov. 29 – Dec. three, 2018: Mentoring Heart boot camp / ARIJ convention in Amman, Jordan
March 2019: Seed investment awarded
For Extra Data:
Seek advice from the Professional Webpage of the IJNet Arabic’s Mentoring Heart for MENA Media Startups