Software Cut-off date: February 19, 2018 at 11:59 EST (Washington, DC).
The IWMF is happy to announce reporting journeys to Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in Would possibly 2018. The IWMF will make a selection two teams of girls newshounds to trip to Kigali and Kinshasa and can focal point on Agriculture and Local weather Exchange and Civic Engagement, respectively. This chance is a part of the African Nice Lakes Reporting Initiative. Paintings from earlier IWMF Nice Lakes Fellows has been revealed and aired through main media retailers world wide. The IWMF will proceed to guide reporting journeys to the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda thru 2018.
- Affiliated or freelance ladies newshounds with 3 (three) or extra years of professional enjoy operating in information media. Internships don’t depend towards skilled enjoy.
- Non-native English audio system should have skilled written and verbal English talents with a purpose to absolutely take part in and get pleasure from this system.
- Candidates should have the ability to display evidence of hobby from an editor or have a confirmed observe document of publications in outstanding media retailers
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS AND EXPENSES:
- The IWMF arranges trip and in-country logistics for all Fellows inside the scope of the Fellowship base location and shuttle dates.
- The IWMF additionally covers Fellowship-related prices inside the framework of the reporting shuttle together with trip, accommodation, foods, and fixers/interpreters, except a decided on journalist’s information group needs to think those prices.
- Visa prices can be coated.
- Fellows dwelling out of doors the U.S. are liable for purchasing all essential visas, for which they’re going to be reimbursed on the conclusion of the Fellowship.
THE REPORTING TRIPS:
- The shuttle will happen from Would possibly second till Would possibly 18th, which contains trip dates. All fellows will start their shuttle in Nairobi, Kenya, the place they’re going to whole a complete safety coaching and an orientation in regards to the Nice Lakes Area and the reporting shuttle places from Would possibly three to six.
- Fellows will leave for 10 days of in-country reporting on Would possibly 7, and start reporting from Would possibly eight to Would possibly 17, and can have the option to community with in-country newshounds, collaborate with global friends, and get entry to quite a lot of resources and websites related to their reporting.
- The IWMF reserves the proper to switch reporting places in line with the real-time safety scenarios in each places.
- The feasibility of day journeys out of doors the bottom places will probably be assessed on a case-by-case foundation and decided through IWMF safety protocols.
For Extra Data:
Consult with the Authentic Webpage of the IWMF Would possibly 2018 Reporting Fellowships