Software Time limit: December eight, 2017:
United States Division of State Skilled Fellows Program—Advancing Younger Girls Agribusiness Marketers and Innovators: A Tanzania-Kenya-Uganda-U.S. Partnership.
The objective of the Fellows Program is to construct fellows’ capability and talents in agro-entrepreneurship and agri-food machine innovation and for them to be informed about problems of girls’s financial empowerment. Kenyan, Tanzanian and Ugandan fellows will expand their management capability talents via a absolutely funded four-week fellowship program in the USA.
The four-week U.S. program will come with a certified internship with Michigan organizations excited about agriculture, innovation, agro-entrepreneurship, and ladies’s empowerment and extra seminars and trainings with pros from Michigan State College and right through the state of Michigan.
The Advancing Younger Girls Skilled Fellows Program is subsidized through the U.S. Division of State’s Bureau of Tutorial and Cultural Affairs Skilled Fellows Department and administered through Michigan State College (U.S.), Sokoine College of Agriculture (Tanzania), College of Nairobi (Kenya), and Kyambogo College (Uganda).
The Advancing Younger Girls Skilled Fellows Program are recruiting younger Tanzanian, Kenyan, and Ugandan pros from various backgrounds in personal, public, non-governmental, and schooling sectors who’re both girls agribusiness marketers or folks running to extend girls’s financial engagement within the agricultural sector.
Who Will have to Observe
- Girls marketers, social innovators, or small and medium trade house owners or managers and different leaders running within the agriculture and meals sectors
- Folks (of any gender) in civil society and NGOs running on methods that make stronger girls within the agriculture and meals sectors of their respective international locations
- Policymakers, ministry workers, and others within the public sector (of any gender) excited about supporting and bettering alternatives for ladies within the agriculture or meals sector
- Educational group of workers (of any gender) who’re enforcing methods to affect advancing girls within the agriculture and meals sectors
- 25-40 years previous
- A citizen, nationwide, or everlasting resident of Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda
- Resides and dealing in Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda on the time of the applying
- Speaks fluent English
- Has no less than 2 years /running enjoy of their box
- Has demonstrated management and collaborative talents and a dedication to neighborhood
- Has employer’s make stronger for collaborating in this system (for the ones no longer self-employed). For the ones self-employed, has advice from native government on the district, county, and/or neighborhood ranges
- Is focused on collaborating in a reciprocal program for American individuals coming on your nation
- Desire will probably be given to those that are in an previous state in their careers
- Desire will probably be given to candidates who’ve no longer prior to now had the chance to go back and forth to the United States
Spring program: April 27, 2018 – June 1, 2018
Fall program: October 12, 2018 – November 17, 2018
The primary four-week program within the U.S. is scheduled for April 27-June 1, 2018 and the second one for October 12-November 17, 2018. Each methods will come with:
Section 1: Pre-Departure Orientation previous to go back and forth to the U.S.
Program companions and the U.S. Embassies within the two international locations will habits a pre-departure orientation.
Section 2: Put up-Arrival Orientation in East Lansing, Michigan
The orientation will familiarize this system individuals with every different in addition to this system and subjects to be lined and the U.S.
Section three: 3-Week Program in Michigan Communities
Individuals will participate in internships with Michigan establishments and discussion in seminars and conferences with U.S. leaders in financial construction within the meals and agriculture sector. Fellows may even make a selection, design, and whole a distinct undertaking in a space of their very own pastime. Seminars will mix shows and discussions to provide a chance for Fellows to percentage studies from their house international locations and organizations and observations from their internship placements. Fellows may even have the potential for a one-week homestay with an American circle of relatives.
Section four: 3-Day Participation within the Skilled Fellows Congress in Washington D.C.
The Congress will permit individuals the chance to fulfill and percentage their enjoy with Fellows from world wide and take part in discussion to inspect the jobs of person and institutional management in financial construction and ladies’s financial empowerment.
For Extra Knowledge:
Seek advice from the Reliable Webpage of the Advancing Younger Girls Skilled Fellows Program 2018