The USA Summer season Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM) is thrilled to supply its “Summer season Graduate Pupil Analysis Fellowship”.
Award Quantity: USD three,000/month
Selection of Awards: No longer recognized
Closing date: January 1, 2018
Winner Announcement: April 2018
The fellowshipis completely open for each USA and world candidates, permitted to or lately enrolled in a grasp’s level program or of their first 12 months of a Ph.D. program. The purpose of the fellowship is to beef up vital analysis and writing in regards to the Holocaust and to inspire MA-level and first-year Ph.D. scholars.
The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM) is the United States’ respectable memorial to the Holocaust. Adjoining to the Nationwide Mall in Washington, D.C. The USHMM supplies for the documentation, learn about, and interpretation of Holocaust historical past.
Candidates for the fellowship will have to meet each and every of the next necessities:
- All candidates will have to be permitted to or enrolled in an MA program or of their first 12 months in a Ph.D. program at a North American school or college.
- The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Middle for Complicated Holocaust Research are not able to offer visa help for non-US voters.
- Along with English, candidates are inspired, however no longer required, to have fluency in a number of of the next languages: German, Russian, Polish, Romanian, Hebrew, Yiddish, French, Dutch, Hungarian, Slovakian, Italian, and/or Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian.
Directions for Making use of:
To use, the applicants can input on-line by means of filing their e mail throughout the given hyperlink: https://occasions.ushmm.org/profile/shape/index.cfm?PKformID=0x38172abcd&&ga=topButtonApply
To use, scholars will have to post the next:
- All candidates will post a resume
- A private remark: Not more than two single-spaced pages in duration. The remark will have to provide an explanation for the applicant’s hobby within the Holocaust and International Warfare II and the way the Junior Fellowship would possibly additional inspire his or her research on this space.
- A challenge proposal: Not more than 3 single-spaced pages in duration. Each and every proposal will have to deal with a analysis matter evolved with a school member on the pupil’s house establishment. The challenge proposal will have to come with:
- The scholar’s thesis remark.
- An overview in their proposed challenge targets.
- An inventory of sources to be had on the Museum that the scholar will want to get right of entry to with the intention to beef up their analysis. To go looking the Museum’s holdings, seek advice from https://collections.ushmm.org/seek/
- One letter of advice: From a school member or dean on the applicant’s establishment that speaks to the applicant’s qualifications. The letter will have to be signed and on institutional letterhead.
Filing Main points:
Letters of advice will have to be despatched from the recommender, no longer the applicant, as attachments to SGRA-at-ushmm.org.
- The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Middle for Complicated Holocaust Research will supply a stipend of $three,000/month in addition to an allowance to offset the price of direct, economy-class go back and forth.
- The price range supplied thru this award could also be topic to the USA federal and/or state tax.
Detailed Knowledge Hyperlink:
For touch, you’ll be able to name 202.314.7829 or e mail SGRA-at-ushmm.org.